The UCSB Staff Assembly is pleased to announce its 2022-2023 Staff Citation of Excellence Awards Program. The purpose of the program is to acknowledge and celebrate outstanding achievements and meritorious service of career staff. Ten awards will be made; each recipient will receive $500 and a plaque. Presentation of awards will be made during the Staff Celebration Week Luncheon at noon.
Any UCSB faculty, academic, management, or staff member may submit a nomination, along with one endorsement letter. Students are not eligible to nominate or submit endorsement letters. A selection committee of staff members will review the nominations and choose this year’s recipients.
- Only policy-covered career and contract Professional and Support Staff (PSS) employees, and career CX represented employees, may be nominated if they are not on probationary status and have an annual base salary not exceeding $100,000. Exclusively represented employees are eligible for recognition awards only if the applicable collective bargaining agreement authorizes participation. Download the full guidelines for the Citation of Excellence Award under the STAR plan.
We strongly encourage you to check with the Business Officer in your department to verify eligibility of the staff member.
- Personnel in the Senior Management Group (SMG) and in the Management Senior Professionals (MSP) are not eligible. A representative from Human Resources will review the nominations and verify eligibility.
- Staff that have received the award within the last 5 years are not eligible to be nominated. Please consult the award winners page to verify that the nominee has not received the award within the last 5 years.
- Each nominee requires a principal nominator and one endorser. The principal nominator may download the nomination form.
- The nomination and endorsement letters should be in the form of a typed letter or memo, each not exceeding two pages in 12-pt. font.
- The principal nominator must submit the nomination form and the nomination and endorsement letters together.
- Principal nominators are not limited to a single nomination. However, separate forms and nomination and endorsement letters are required for each candidate.
- Send all nominations as PDF attachments via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations not adhering to the guidelines will not be considered.