The UCSB Staff Assembly is pleased to announce its 2020-2021 Staff Citation of Excellence Awards Program. The purpose of the program is to acknowledge and celebrate outstanding achievements and meritorious service of career staff. Ten awards will be made; each recipient will receive $500 and a plaque. Presentation of awards will be made during the Staff Celebration Week Luncheon at noon.
Any UCSB faculty, academic, management, or staff member may submit a nomination, along with one endorsement letter. Students are not eligible to nominate or submit endorsement letters. A selection committee of staff members will review the nominations and choose this year’s recipients.
Guidelines for Nominations
- Only policy-covered contract and career Professional and Support Staff (PSS) employees and career CX represented employees not on probationary status with a yearly salary not exceeding $100,000 may be nominated. Exclusively represented employees are eligible for recognition awards only if the applicable collective bargaining agreement authorizes participation. Full guidelines for the Citation of Excellence Award under the STAR plan can be found here.
We strongly encourage you to check with the Business Officer in your department to verify eligibility of the staff member.
- Personnel in the Senior Management Group (SMG) and in the Management Senior Professionals (MSP) are not eligible. A representative from Human Resources will review the nominations and verify eligibility.
- Each nominee requires a principal nominator and one endorser. The principal nominator may download the form here.
- The nomination and endorsement letters should be in the form of a typed letter or memo, each not exceeding two pages in 12-pt. font.
- The principal nominator must submit the nomination form and the nomination and endorsement letters together.
- Principal nominators are not limited to a single nomination. However, separate forms and nomination and endorsement letters are required for each candidate.
- Send all nominations as pdf attachments via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominations not adhering to the guidelines will not be considered.
NOMINATION FORMS, LETTERS AND ENDORSEMENT LETTERS MUST BE
RECEIVED NO LATER THAN:
4:00 PM on Friday, April 16th, 2020