The purpose of the Staff Citation of Excellence Awards is to acknowledge and celebrate outstanding achievements and meritorious service of career staff. Ten awards are made annually, with each recipient or team receiving a $500 cash award and a special recognition plaque. Nominations are normally accepted in the month of February. The Chancellor makes the presentation of awards to recipients during the annual Staff Celebration Week Luncheon.
Guidelines for Nominations:
- Only non-represented contract and career staff not on probationary status with a yearly salary not exceeding $100,000 may be nominated. Exclusively represented employees are eligible for recognition awards only if the applicable collective bargaining agreement authorizes participation. *
- Personnel in the Senior Management Group (SMG) and in the Management Senior Professionals (MSP) are not eligible.
- Each nominee requires a principal nominator and one endorser.
- Nominations for the 2013-14 awards should be sent to Greta Halle at email@example.com no later than Friday, February 28th.
- The endorsement should be in the form of a typed letter or memo, not exceeding two pages in 12- pt. font.
- The principal nominator must send both the nomination and the endorsement letters together.
- Principal nominators are not limited to a single nomination. However, separate forms and endorsements are required for each candidate.
* For a full description of the Citation of Excellence Award guidelines, please see here.